Please note that these resources are regularly reviewed to ensure that links still work correctly and that the resources listed continue to be helpful to our visitors. If you find that a link isn't working or information is incorrect, please email email@example.com. If you would like for us to consider adding your organization to this resource, please complete and submit this form.
Healthcare professionals, patient advocates
To change the outcomes of acute leukemia patients by strengthening patient advocacy.
- ALAN is an independent global network of patient organizations which aims to increase awareness about the acute leukemias, share best practices, advocate for better access and treatment, and improve education for healthcare professionals.
Patients and health professionals
AASECT is a not-for-profit, interdisciplinary professional organization of individuals who share an interest in promoting understanding of human sexuality and healthy sexual behavior. In addition to sexuality educators, sexuality counselors and sex therapists, AASECT members include physicians, nurses, social workers, psychologists, allied health professionals, clergy members, lawyers, sociologists, marriage and family counselors and therapists, family planning specialists and researchers, as well as students in relevant professional disciplines.
- Website offers a search feature to locate a therapist, counselor or educator by country or state.
Patients, caregivers and health professionals in the U.S.
ASRM is a multidisciplinary organization dedicated to the advancement of the art, science and practice of reproductive medicine. The Society accomplishes its mission through the pursuit of excellence in education and research and through advocacy on behalf of patients, physicians, and affiliated health care providers.
- Provides educational materials on infertility, menopause, contraception, reproductive surgery, endometriosis, and other reproductive disorders
- Offers Find a Health Professional Search tool via the website.
Oncology professionals in the U.S. and across the globe
Conquering cancer through research, education and promotion of the highest quality, equitable patient care.
- Provides a wide range of educational resources and publications for oncology professionals
- Hosts scientific events for oncology professionals, patient advocates, industry representatives, and major media outlets worldwide
- Funds a broad spectrum of research through their Conquer Cancer campaign
- Offers Cancer.net website with patient-focused information produced by ASCO and a toll-free patient helpline: 888-651-3038
Patients, caregivers and health professionals concerned with blood disorders, worldwide
To further the understanding, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disorders affecting the blood, bone marrow, and the immunologic, hemostatic and vascular systems, by promoting research, clinical care, education, training, and advocacy in hematology.
- Provides information about blood basics, blood disorders, and clinical trials (through collaboration with LLS)
- Offers Find A Hematologist search tool for US residents to find hematologists who accept new patients, perform case reviews, or provide second opinions
- Lists websites of patient groups with information about blood diseases
- Provides hematology education, meetings, and publications for clinicians and scientists.
Patients, caregivers, health professionals
To advance excellence in the psychosocial care of persons with cancer, their families, and caregivers through: networking ,education , advocacy, research, and resource development; AOSW envisions a global society in which oncology care meets the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of all people affected by cancer.
- Provides tips for managing cancer and caregiving
- Sets standards of practice for oncology social workers.
Registered nurses, as well as allied health care practitioners who work in the field including child life specialists, social workers, and pastoral care providers, in the U.S., Canada and around the world
To support and advance nurses and their practice in order to optimize outcomes for children, adolescents, and young adults with cancer and blood disorders and their families.
- Mentoring Program links APHON members in their mutual pursuit of higher goals in the areas of: leadership, professional/career development, role integration, pursuit of higher education, research, nursing teaching/education, clinical development and project development
- Offers opportunities to earn continuing nursing education credits online
- Holds conferences several times a year.
Patients and health professionals interested in CLL information
To abolish chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) as a threat to the life and health of patients.
- Aims to fund patient-oriented projects with rapid clinical applications and to expand the knowledge of CLL on a global scale
- Provided seed money for the formation of two CLL Research Consortiums, one in Australia and one in Israel.
People diagnosed with chronic myeloid leukemia (CML), worldwide
To facilitate and support best practice-sharing between patient group organizers across the world.
- Informal online organization designed, published and moderated by CML patients and carers who are registered patient group advocates and organizers.
- Provides a worldwide web directory of CML patient groups, to allow patient groups to find national support groups in another country
- Provides a platform of communication for CML patient advocates
- Builds a knowledge base in the form of a Wiki (like Wikipedia, but dedicated to CML patient advocacy)
- Provides an area where educational material is ready for download to patient advocates.
Anyone seeking information on cutaneous lymphoma (CL)
To support every person with cutaneous lymphoma by promoting awareness and education, advancing patient care, and facilitating research.
- Provides education and support to patients diagnosed with CL
- Information on website is designed to help physicians, nurses and other health professionals access resources related to cutaneous lymphoma.
Palliative care and hospice workers
To collaborate and work to improve the quality of life of patients with advanced life-threatening conditions and their families, by advancing hospice and palliative care programs, education, research, and favorable policies around the world.
- Works with individuals and organizations in developing multiple strategies targeted to raise awareness among the affiliates of the civil society and decision makers so that palliative care is provided and available to those individuals in need, to increase access and availability to analgesics and other medications, to increase the provision of services by adequately trained professionals and caregivers.
People with cancer, their family and friends, the public and health professionals worldwide
To help cancer organizations around the world establish or enhance their Cancer Information Service to provide high quality, reliable information and compassionate support resources on all aspects of cancer to those concerned or affected by cancer.
- Provides and shares information and tools for management, evaluation, training and quality
- Promotes collaboration between Cancer Information Services in different countries throughout the world
- Acts as a forum for exchange, discussion and support
- Develops and updates service core values
- Increases awareness of cancer information and support services
- Offers links to general cancer information in multiple languages
- Supports the development of new services throughout the world by providing required tools, education and mentors.
Anyone needing information on myeloma, including patients, caregivers and health professionals
To improve the quality of life of myeloma patients and their families while working toward prevention and a cure through four founding principles: research, education, support, and advocacy.
- Offers disease and treatment information via toll free number and publications in multiple languages
- Makes referrals to support groups and hosts an on-line support group
- Offers seminars, workshops and webcasts
- Provides Veterans Against Myeloma (VAM), a resource for patients who have served in the military and developed myeloma through their service
- IMF Advocacy group helps guide individuals to advocate for critical health issues that affect the myeloma community
- Supports research initiatives.
Patients with lymphoma and their families, caregivers, health professionals
To fund innovative lymphoma research; to provide people with lymphoma and health professionals with up-to-date information about this type of cancer; to eradicate lymphoma and serve those touched by this disease.
- Provides Lymphoma Helpline and Clinical Trials Information Service
- Provides educational materials, conferences, webcasts
- Offers limited financial assistance to patients in active treatment
- Lymphoma Support Network is a one-to-one peer support program that matches lymphoma patients or caregivers with volunteers who have had similar lymphoma-related experiences
- Funds biomedical research focused on the origins, treatment and identification of a cure for lymphoma
- Raises public awareness of the disease.
People diagnosed with myeloproliferative neoplasms and their families, caregivers, health professionals worldwide
To provide information, community and advocacy for patients diagnosed with a myeloproliferative neoplasm (such as essential thrombocythemia, polycythemia vera or myelofibrosis), families, caregivers and health professionals
- Based in the United Kingdom, this volunteer-run nonprofit provides disease and treatment information, tips for coping with everyday challenges, and information on clinical trials
- Support services including peer to peer matching, online support group/chat
- Offers newsletters, blog, publications and videos
- Sponsors several forums per year in London.
The Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer (MASCC) is an international, interdisciplinary organization dedicated to the practice, education and research of supportive care in cancer. Their mission is to continually improve the supportive care of people with cancer – from diagnosis through to survival or end-of-life care.
- Provides opportunities to collaborate and network with global experts through study groups, and members also receive access to educational events, resources, and their journal Supportive Care in Cancer.
- Offers patient education and healthcare professional publications in multiple languages.
- In collaboration with ISOO (the International Society of Oral Oncology), each year MASCC hosts the MASCC/ISOO Annual Meeting, the pre-eminent international conference on supportive care in cancer.
- Membership includes healthcare professionals from over 70 countries and more than 30 disciplines.
Patients with myeloma, caregivers, professionals, researchers
To pursue innovative means that accelerate the development of next-generation multiple myeloma treatments to extend the lives of patients and lead to a cure.
- Provides disease and treatment information including clinical trials
- Offers patient and professional educational programs and publications
- Funds multiple myeloma research.
Professional social workers
To enhance the professional growth and development of its members, to create and maintain professional standards, and to advance sound social policies.
People in the U.S. seeking scientific information on complementary health approaches
To define, through rigorous scientific investigation, the usefulness and safety of complementary and integrative health interventions and their roles in improving health and health care.
- Responds to inquiries via phone or email, and retrieves information from Federal databases of peer-reviewed scientific and medical literature
- Distributes NCCIH publications and selected other federal publications on complementary health approaches
- Makes referrals to other federal resources as appropriate.
Nurses and health professionals worldwide
To promote excellence in oncology nursing and quality cancer care.
- ONS is a professional organization of over 35,000 registered nurses and other healthcare providers dedicated to excellence in patient care, education, research, and administration in oncology nursing
- Educational programs are provided in a variety of formats, including national conferences, regional workshops, online education, and print-based offerings
- Website offers the latest oncology news, online education opportunities, clinical practice and research information, career center, and legislative action information.
Pediatric blood cancer patients, their caregivers, and healthcare providers specializing in pediatric catastrophic diseases worldwide
To improve the survival rates of children with catastrophic illnesses worldwide, through the transfer of knowledge, technology and organizational skills.
- Program develops partnerships with medical institutions and fund-raising organizations to facilitate the involvement of other agencies and organizations to support key programs and the education of local personnel.
- Sharing knowledge and technology with the local governments, healthcare providers, and the private sector to increase the survival rates of children all across the globe.
- Pediatric specialty committed to caring for and supporting children with cancer regardless of the family’s financial or healthcare resources.
- Clinical trials designed to provide the best available care while answering important research questions.
- Hosts visiting fellows at its campus in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Partner sites in various countries. Please see the website for more details on locations.
Oncology professionals in the U.S. and internationally
Passionate professionals focused on enhancing the lives of children with cancer and blood disorders and the families who care for them. We accomplish this by advancing pediatric psychosocial oncology care through clinical social work practice, research, advocacy, education, and program development.
Eye cancer patients and their families, health professionals worldwide
To create a world-class center of excellence for patients and their families diagnosed with ocular tumors, macular degeneration, and related ophthalmic conditions.
- Provides Find A Doctor search tool to locate an eye cancer specialist
- Offers an online support community through Facebook
- Funds research to find cures for patients with ocular tumors and related eye diseases
- Provides eye cancer specialists for unserved and underserved countries.
Patients with MDS, caregivers, health professionals worldwide
A multi-disciplinary, international organization devoted to MDS support, research, treatment, and education for patients, caregivers, physicians, nurses and other health care providers. The organization is based upon the premise that international cooperation will accelerate the process leading to the control and cure of these diseases.
Provides disease information, insurance information and publications
Offers patient advocacy groups, research funding, and professional educational initiatives
Referrals to MDS Centers of Excellence and clinical trials
Conducts international symposia.
Cancer organizations, public health and oncology professionals worldwide
To unite and support the cancer community to reduce the global cancer burden, to promote greater equity, and to ensure that cancer control continues to be a priority in the world health and development agenda.
- UICC is a membership organization working in cooperation as expert groups and task forces
- Convenes international events; offers fellowships, training courses, and master classes; advocates for cancer prevention and equitable access to care.